MODEL’S WORKSHOP FASHION-5
Learn, Practice, Execute
UPDATED Nov 2015
FASHION-5 launched in June 2014 at Model’s Workshop with amazing success! We featured five popular brands (Ghee, Blacklace, Glam Dreams, Prism and PurpleMoon), numerous models (new and experienced) and amazing volunteers who helped behind the scenes. The shows were fun and unforgettable with approx. 60-80 guests in attendance. Read more about them below:
- Ghee designs by Warm Clarity & Beatrice Serendipity
- Blacklace Lingerie designs by Mariska Simons
- Glam Dreams designs by sandytpr Lysette
- Prism designs by Journey McLaglen, Jezzixa Cazalet and Lam Erin
- PurpleMoon Creations by Poulet Koenkamp
- Solidea Folies by Mila Tatham
- Snowpaws by Carrie Snowpaw
Check out the MW Fashion-5 Flickr for photos taken at each show.
We’ve received rave reviews from designers and audiences alike, and we are super excited to bring the program back to Model’s Workshop for a second season.
The concept remains the same with some minor adjustments to make things even better for everyone involved. This season because of the overwhelming response from our designing community, we will have the option to feature more than one designer each show. Our cast of models range depending on the needs of the designer and show concept, and our models are now ‘elite’ raising the bar and their confidence as they journey through the MW Fashion-5 experience.
ABOUT MW FASHION-5!
FASHION-5 is geared towards the modeling community. Each production consists of one or more clothing and/or accessories designer. These fast-paced productions hosted by Model’s Workshop promote not just an environment of learning, but also a fun and professional environment where models can network with others in the business as they expand their modeling careers.
- All staff donate their time and talents to this exciting, educational adventure.
- Models are paid in clothing only, and keep any tips, gifts or extras from designers and others.
- Castings are held for each show, and only MW Staff and Group members are eligible to participate in the castings.
- MW Staff and Group members are invited to help behind the scenes as show coordinators, mentors, stylists, script writers and other roles as required.
- Show theme, venue, runway, walk routines, designers, marketing/advertising for each show are prearranged. Models must style quickly, learn the routine quickly and practice, practice, practice…all under the watch and guidance of model mentors.
- All models are required to attend an information session prior to each show.
WHY IS THIS EDUCATIONAL?
FASHION-5 is created to give models some experience in a fashion show, and learn from some of the best in the fashion business. Recent graduates or aspiring models looking to sharpen their skills get the opportunity to meet and work with talented designers and stylists, form a network of fashion-industry professionals and build their résumé.
Models who take part in our shows are often recognized by others in the business, and in most cases are invited to either join an agency, walk in other shows or pose for vendor boards and magazine ads.
Model’s Workshop uses multiple avenues to promote its events, such as the MW Blog, Facebook and Flickr. Our high-end photos, articles and commentary promote not just the designers, but also the people involved, including models and production staff.
Rest assured, when you model at Model’s Workshop, your face is seen by many.
NEW – MODEL ELITE
This season we are introducing a new feature to raise the bar slightly that will give our models an elite position at Model’s Workshop. To become elite, all models who successfully cast for a show, must attend an information session. The session will include posing and styling techniques and requirements, modeling etiquette and effective communication tactics. Each model chosen to walk in a FASHION-5 show will assume the title of “MW Model Elite”, a tag they can wear with pride at all MW events and elsewhere.
PLEASE NOTE: Elite models do not need to cast for each show. However, this does not guarantee a modeling spot in a show. Cast selected is based on designer/show requirements.
Please contact Jena Adder if you have questions about the MW FASHION-5 program, or if you are a designer and would like to sponsor a show in support of MW FASHION-5!
If you would like to be part of the MW FASHION-5 team, join the Model’s Workshop Group and watch for upcoming show and casting notices!